Thursday, July 3, 2008

Marketing to Boomers

A lot of what I read in the first four chapters of Advertising to Baby Boomers, sounds familiar. It is true that the era of the 60s and 70s made an impact on the world and it will never be the same again. To a certain degree this is true of many generation, but I feel that the political activism of those times created a headset of "question authority" and marketers and advertising are a form of authority.
So Boomers as a group are generally suspicious, and don't believe everything they read. For this reason and just because it seems reasonable, I think the author Chuck Nyren is right on when he says the creatives need to be from the group that is being marketed to.

1 comment:

Chuck Nyren said...

I'm glad you liked the first four chapters, Carol.

Maybe you should stop reading. I'd hate to see any follow-up posts criticizing the rest of it!

Chuck